Wednesday, May 25, 2005

It's Turtle Season!

Turtle season has started! I love hunting turtles. Sometimes they pee if you tilt them up just right. I've caught two so far; one yesterday and one this morning. Todays was really big, I could hardly carry him. I brought him up to the house and then my male human and I took him back out to the edge of the woods and released him. We always do "catch and release".
Holly hasn't caught any turtles so far. She's more interested in the racoons that live near by. She hasn't caught any of those, either.

3 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, May 25, 2005, Blogger Splash said...

Turtle hunting sounds fun! I hunt lizards sometimes, but they are very quick. So far I have not caught one.

 
At 8:53 AM, May 31, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

The little turtles up at our cabin taste pretty strange. I picked one up in my mouth once and couldn't get that taste out of my mouth all day!

Sounds like you are having lots of fun!

Cal

 
At 10:27 PM, June 07, 2005, Blogger Freda said...

We have some turtles in the pond at Watson Hollow but they haul themselves out on the opposite bank to sun. Anyway it is a protected wildlife area, so no playing 'turtley winks'. Although, I would like to try.

My big hunt is for a mystery mammal that has little tunnels all over the place. I think I may have found some in my yard. Every morning I rush out to catch a glimpse, but nothing so far.

Freda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise