Sunday, April 10, 2005

swimming in creeks

We just came back from the big dog park (Grindstone Nature Area) where dogs get to run really far without leashes! Now, we get to run really far without leashes on our own land but there aren't other dogs on our land and running with and sniffing other dogs is very important. We like being in groups of dogs. We saw a lot of dogs, met four of them close up and went swimming with two! We met a nice big black Lab and some smaller black mixed dog and after we sniffed each other we all went swimming in this big creek.

I know I'm half Australian Shepard but the other half must be some sort of water dog because I really like to go swimming. Holly even went in the creek and she usually doesn't swim as much as me. She said she went in just because she got hot but I saw how she was following that big Labrador boy around. I'm not sure a Labrador is smart enough to understand why she might follow him around. Is there room in their big lunky heads for thoughts other than "fetch", "get the ball" and "get the stick" ? I don't think so. Can a Labrador organize a herd of sheep, sort them in aphabetical order and make them adhere to a strict schedule? I don't think so. I can or at least I know I could, if my people would just get me some sheep. Oh well.

Don't get me wrong. I like Labs. I know some really nice Labs. But I don't go all dreamy eyed and flirty over them like some dogs I know.

(Maybe if some dogs spent less of their time herding bowls of ice cream they would have girl dogs following them around too.
Sheep, yeah sure. The last thing I saw you giving that herding dog "eye" to was a slice of angel food cake.
- Holly)

2 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, April 11, 2005, Blogger Sam the black GSD said...

Pimm,

Have you tried herding bananas? Now that would be fun!

And ummm....it's shepherd not shepard :-)

Sammy

 
At 11:42 PM, April 11, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

The ball thing is my friend Haley's obsession. I just herd her and the other labs around. But she's pretty smart with some other things too. Not sure what that flirty thing is, but some other dogs told me that I will pay more attention to girls in another month or two.

and I agree on getting sheep. But geese are fun to herd and try going around your area and herding up some kids. Better yet, go to an ice cream place and herd the kids there around until one drops their ice cream cone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise