Sunday, August 14, 2005

a new place

I don't think we're on vacation anymore.

We're at this new house now. It's like the house I lived as a puppy in but it's a lot bigger. It's old. And it's in the city. And I think we're going to stay here because those guys who took all of our stuff out of our country house brought it all back and put it in this house.

I didn't like moving. I didn't know why all our stuff was taken away and I din't know if I would get taken away, either. We had to stay in our little "peed-a-terre" for a week, where there isn't even a yard and it was a big deal just to go outside to pee! I developed a stress related "hot-spot" that got really sore and itchy and hurty and I had to take medication that made me really groggy. I'm off most of that stuff now but the hot-spot still hasn't healed. I had to stay at the vet's most of one day and I didn't like that at all. But I'm a bit better now.

Holly lost her appetite for a couple of days due to the stress of moving but she's fine now. I don't get that, losing ones appetite, what's up with that? I don't lose my appetite for anything even under heavy sedation. Nothing stops me from eating.
Our house here is big, it's got three levels but the backyard is small. It is real near the park I sometimes used to go to when I was younger and lived in the city and now I can walk to it at any time instead of having to drive. Now that I'm not so groggy I've been busy peeing all over it to tell other dogs that I'm back but the park is so big that it might take years to pee everywhere. That's ok. It's good to have long-term goals.

Later I'll tell you about some of my new dog neighbors.

9 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, August 15, 2005, Blogger Splash said...

What I do is, I pick one part of the park and water it pretty heavily, then once that's established you can branch out to other areas.....never bite off more than you can chew!

 
At 4:55 PM, August 15, 2005, Blogger Freda said...

Pimm,

You should have tried the D.A.P. olator. It releases a dog appeasing pheromone. It may have helped with your transition. I had a hot spot during my first bout with allergies here. The medicine I took made me drowsy, too. My Dad took the same meds that I did for his allergies. Dog, was he zonked out!

What about all the turtles, deer, woodchucks/ground squirrels, etc, you are leaving behind? Aren't you going to miss all those animals?

We have a small backyard, too. They just finished a small 'p&p' park just a block from our house. Now I have three places to 'go' without having to get in the beetle. Cool.

Looking forward to 'seeing' your new friends.

Woof!

Freda

 
At 3:13 PM, August 16, 2005, Blogger R. Keith said...

Thanks for that tip, Splash! Here's the park I get to water. Freda, Do you use the DAP olator spray or the thing that plugs into the wall? I found it on Dr. Foster & Smith. Does it really work??

 
At 6:33 PM, August 16, 2005, Blogger Splash said...

Thanks for the tip Pimm! Mom's going to be in St. Louis next month, just to visit. She says she is going to the Dog Museum! Have you peed there yet?

 
At 10:06 PM, August 16, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, you moved! Just like humans to keep that from you. But you sound focused and back to the good old Pimm we know and love now that you have your mind back on peeing on stuff. Now you have new dogs to correspond with via pee-mail. How cool is that?!

Cal

 
At 1:28 AM, August 19, 2005, Blogger Sam the black GSD said...

Hey Pimm -- We are moving too! I'm exhausted barking out instructions to everyone. And guess what -- we are moving to Missouri! I'll have to change my tag line from "the beautiful all-black German Shepherd dog" to "the Missouri small-town dog". We are probably going to live in Springfield but Mom hasn't decided yet. Maybe you and I and Holly and Elsa and Pumpkin and Buffy can meet and sniff each others butts :-)

But Mom says first we have to sell the house...before the real-estate market crashes.

Sammy

 
At 1:10 AM, August 22, 2005, Blogger Freda said...

Pimm,

Sorry for the late reply. My typist thinks he can paint and got kinda' distracted. Think I'll have to chew up his brushes. I use the plug-in DAP olator. I think it works. Right after my humans leave I gooble down some food and then go to bed (or so they think). All they know is that I don't chew anything, but I really don't anyway and when they come home I am always stretchin' after a good nap. I do remember that right after I was adopted by these humans I use to drag things off of the counter and take them to my bed. I don't do that anymore, but we moved and so don't know if the move changed my behavior or the DAP olator stuff has helped. Sorry I can't be any more specific. My humans think it helps. When my 'cousin' Tule comes to visit and all the humans leave we just lie down and relax, even before they leave. Hope that helps.

Hey, what is this with St. Louis and Missouri. My mom was there last week and will be going back two or three more times to train some teachers. Is this place a new spiritual center or something?

Woof!

Freda

 
At 12:40 AM, August 25, 2005, Blogger Sam the black GSD said...

Freda,

Good question about Missouri. We hardly knew it existed before and now we might be moving there. I don't know if it is spiritual but it does seem to be in the center.

Maybe Pimm can tell us more.

Sammy

 
At 11:21 PM, August 29, 2005, Blogger Freda said...

Sammy,

Hope your mom can sell your place soon. Don't want to be traveling to 'The Center' while it's snowing. That's a long way to move. I thought my two day move to California was WAY too long. But like Pimm says, lots of new places to pee.

Woof!

Freda

P.S. Thanks, Pimm. You make a great Postmaster.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise