Monday, January 24, 2005

I like my bed

I like my bed. It's my bed, it's mine and it's soft and warm and it's mine. When I'm in my bed I know I'm where I'm supposed to be. I like being where I'm supposed to be. I know the way things are supposed to be, believe me, I'm part Australian Shepard, I know! Things are supposed to be the way they are supposed to be. We're supposed to keep to a schedule. I know when we're supposed to go to bed, when we're supposed to eat, when I'm supposed to get cookies etc etc... It's a good thing I know how to keep to a schedule 'cause the people around here have no sense of time at all. They have to use clocks. I don't know how to use a clock but I don't need a clock to know when it's dinner time or bed time or cookie time. Good thing I have people around here pretty well trained.

Earlier today Holly and I hunted some small little animal in a brushpile down near the studio. It was too frightened to come out because we're pretty ferocious dogs. I don't know what animal it was, we didn't catch it. I think maybe it was a bear or maybe it was a field mouse, I don't know but either way it was a pretty good hunt. I had to go take a nap after that.

5 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, January 24, 2005, Blogger Sam the black GSD said...

A bear! Pimm...you and Holly are very brave. I'm really brave too when I see a bird, squirrel, or that big white cat next door.

 
At 9:00 AM, January 26, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

Lucky you have humans that are so trainable. When its time to go to bed, I am there perfect timing every night. Last night I waited in my den for them to come up to bed, but nooooooo, they were watching that box with lights and sound; just sitting there staring. I kept going down to nudge them then would go back upstairs. Think they would get the hint?

Any hints for training humans?

 
At 9:03 AM, January 26, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

Lucky you have humans that are so trainable. When its time to go to bed, I am there perfect timing every night. Last night I waited in my den for them to come up to bed, but nooooooo, they were watching that box with lights and sound; just sitting there staring. I kept going down to nudge them then would go back upstairs. Think they would get the hint?

Any hints for training humans?

 
At 4:54 PM, January 26, 2005, Blogger R. Keith said...

Cal, training humans is easy. All you have to do is to make them think that it's all part of some adorable little trick that THEY trained YOU to do. They like to think that everything is their idea, if you feed their vanity in that way they'll be feeding you cookies.

 
At 2:58 PM, February 01, 2005, Blogger Brandi Mills said...

I don't have to train my humans - I just give them 'the look.' I have these big, buggy eyes that look sad all the time. So, when I TRY to look said, I look downright pathetic. That look almost never fails to get me what I want. Hee hee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise