Thursday, March 03, 2005

a gang of deer

I just chased a gang of deer away from our house! They were in the woods down the hill back of our house. There were seven or eight or eleventytwo of them and I scared them away with my ferocious barking. I think they wanted to come in our house and nap on my comfy bed or eat the cheese out of our icebox! You got to watch out for deer and I know all about them. They're like smelly little horses with white fluffy bunny tails. I'm a great deer hunter.
- Pimm


(Yeah, sure, Pimm knows all about hunting deer. Let me tell you, running out the back door all of twenty feet all the while barking your head off like a fat, pudgy little Pekinese does not make you a great deer hunter. To hunt deer you have to run quietly through the woods at top speed, without barking, for hundreds and hundreds of yards or at least till you get to the fence that we're not supposed to cross. I came pretty close this time, no thank's to the "Great Hunter".
- Holly)

1 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, March 05, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow Pimm, eleventy-two sounds really scary. no matter how docile deer are supposed to be! I saw a moose once, but I decided not to be a moose hunter. All I can say is that you are braver than the average bear.

Holly, it sounds like you have a different way to hunt. You are extra brave, but I like Pimm's way better, it's safer and the humans feel like I'm staying there to guard them from the wild animals! A winning situation for everybody.

Kaiya the dog that lived here before I was born was like you - crazy about deer, she almost ran her heart out one time chasing a deer for miles and miles and miles. My humans found her many miles away collapsed in front of a tall fence the deer must have jumped over. She couldn't move for a whole day!

Have fun, and stay away from Meeses too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise