Thursday, September 07, 2006

guest chef

Several days ago, when our people were gone from the house, a stranger came to the door. Me and Holly barked at him but unlike the mailman, who drops the mail and then runs in terror of my fluffy ferociousness, this guy opens the door and comes in! I thought he might be a burglar so we barked at him some more and then we sniffed him all over, just to check him out and make sure he wasn't too frightened of me (I'm not a mean dog). He recovered enough to pet us some. I didn't know what to do with him after that so I herded him into the kitchen and had him fix dinner for us. Later we took him for a walk and I showed him some of my pee-mail spots and then he went away. Then Holly reminded me that he had been to the house once before a few weeks ago.

Anyway, just before bedtime, our people were still not home and this guy shows up again. We didn't bark at him this time instead we all went out in the backyard and had cookies and peed and sniffed and stuff and then he went home and Holly and I spent the night home alone! Which meant that we could both sleep on the big people bed and really stretch out! I like to sleep on my back in the very middle of the bed.

Next morning, the guy was back again and he served us breakfast, not breakfast in bed but it was good anyway. Later that day our people came back.

1 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, a valet. Usually only the richest dogs, like Brits or Paris' dog have a valet. But I bet you missed your people.

Cal

PS What kind of cookies did he bring over?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise